Saturday, April 12, 2014

Celebrating Mimi

For the past few month, I have been contemplating on how I wanted to celebrate Mom's birthday.  It is so important to me that Stella and Briggs remember who she is.  Stella and I talk to her before bed, we tell her good night, that we love her and miss her!

I decided that we were going to celebrate Mimi's birthday by allowing the kids to make a picture to her and send the picture to Heaven with balloons.  I decided to send out an email to mom's family and friends letting them know how we were celebrating and seeing if they wanted to participate.



The kids letting off their ballons

















I'm not going to lie, that day was hard. Each time someone sent me a picture of them sending balloons to mom, I watched with tears in my eyes. But it was all worth it, as I laid in bed with Stella and showed her all the "Celebrations of Mimi" that took place throughout the day!  She kept saying, "Mimi would have liked that balloon." Or "Mimi has lots of people who loved her." Yes, Stellie, Yes she did!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment